A global and national learning hub
NTI is internationally connected and values its links with leading education institutions around the world. Part of a dynamic international learning community that spans Australia, the US and Asia, NTI is the fourth member of the Fo Guang International University Consortium. The Consortium also includes the University of the West in Los Angeles, California, and Taiwan's Nan Hua University and Fo Guang University. All have applied Buddhism as their guiding principle. NTI also has recognised partnerships (MOUs) with universities throughout Australia, Asia and Europe, and is developing agreements with universities and organisations around the world.
These international connections give NTI worldwide support in the areas of research collaboration; access to skilled and experienced teachers; a wide range of resources; and exciting international exchange opportunities - ensuring a quality education for students.
Fo Guang International University Consortium
- University of the West, USA
- Nanhua University, Taiwan
- Fo Guang University, Taiwan
- Nan Tien Institute, Australia
- Guang Ming College, Philippines
Memorandum’s of Understanding
- Executive Mandala, NSW, Australia
- University of Wollongong, Australia -
- recognises NTI English Language Centre’s English for Academic Purposes program
- provides NTI students with access to UoW's extensive library facilities.
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia
- Dongguk University, Korea
- National United University, Taiwan
- De La Salle University, Philippines
- International Buddhist College, Thailand & Malaysia
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- University of Vienna, Austria
- Northwest Normal University, China
- University of California, USA
These partners recognise NTI English Language Centre’s English for Academic Purposes program
- University of Wollongong, Australia
- 4 Life College
- Kings Own Institute
- Quality Training & Hospitality College
- Australia Learning Group
An international environment
This truly international environment facilitates cultural understanding and appreciation. Staff speak a wide range of languages and make all international students feel welcome, well-supported and safe.
Global mobility skills
Students are empowered with an education that is mobile, crosses geographic precincts and cultural, digital and educational borders, and has numerous transferable and adaptable applications.
No matter where you are from
NTI caters for and supports international, domestic and local students. Studying at NTI provides a nurturing, understanding and caring environment that offers students many opportunities including:
- quality higher education for the 21st Century;
- a holistic approach to learning that nurtures compassion, creativity, adaptability, flexibility and morality;
- developing the ability to enrich cultural and community life;
- working cohesively in harmony with other students and staff to make a contructive contribution to humanity and society; and
- nurturing self-awareness and self-education, and the ability to apply the philosophy of Buddhist wisdom in daily life.
The students in this holistic learning environment love the flexible study options, which allow them to either relocate permanently - close to campus - or to study from their homes and incorporate one week of face to face lectures on-campus during the course of each subject. NTI's flexible learning allows for the best of both worlds.
Study abroad and exchange
An international 'Study Abroad Program' allows students to enhance their educational experience. Established formal exchange agreements with universities and campuses throughout the world gives students the opportunity to spend one or two semesters in a program of study abroad and transfer the credit to their home institution.*
*Conditions apply dependent on institutions that NTI has credit transfer agreements with.