Studying Applied Buddhism as an academic discipline provides a holistic education that will give you the qualifications to pursue a unique and meaningful career path, and take you forward in your current career. It is a powerful study opportunity that will change the way you look at life and engage with the world around you.
Buddhism can offer new perspectives on many issues that require immediate attention in the world today:
- How should we live?
- What is happiness, how to pursue it and why?
- How do we approach mental and physical health?
- How do we relate to each other, on a personal level as well as within the society as a whole?
- Can we live with more compassion and wisdom?
- How can we effectively address pressing environmental and ecological issues?
Nan Tien Institute is Australia's first tertiary institution grounded in applied Buddhist wisdom and values, and one of the few academic institutions in the world to study applied Buddhism