Academic Quality Assurance Officer
About the business
Nan Tien Institute is a private, not for profit, government accredited Higher Education provider founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun, launched in 2011 within the precinct of the Nan Tien Temple, in Wollongong, Australia.
We offer postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism and Mental Health as well as customized Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness, and health.
Education & Training Management – Schools
The President, Nan Tien Institute
Nan Tien Institute is a small private higher education provider located just outside of Wollongong on the beautiful coastal hinterland just one hour south of Sydney. NTI teaches graduate programs in Mental Health, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism Studies and Applied Buddhism. Our programs are taught face to face as well as in flexible mode through our digital classrooms.
Education and teaching at NTI are underpinned by the principles of compassion, mindfulness, contemplation and community service, and “contemplative pedagogy characterises our teaching”. Our personalised approach and purpose, put us in a good position to grow our academic community and our impact through education. In this year’s student experience survey 92.4% of responding students rated their overall experience positively, well above the national average.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an Academic Quality Officer who shares our mission and educational approach.
You will have a strong background in academic quality assurance in a higher education context.
You will work with a small team of academic staff and sessional teachers and have experience designing and overseeing academic quality assurance processes, supporting accreditation processes.
Our active and engaged academic community at Nan Tien Institute is strongly connected to our local community and is part of an international network for Buddhist scholarship and teaching.
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to duties of the position and substantial experience in academic quality assurance in either the University or private higher education environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the higher education legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of academic quality assurance and enhancement processes and procedures
- Sound understanding of academic quality assurance including AQF, HESF, TEQSA and ESOS
- Demonstrated success in supporting and monitoring the review of programs and subjects at post graduate level
- Sound quality management skills including the ability to develop effective strategies to ensure consistent application of policy and practices
- High level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of the Nan Tien Institute
- Assist the Dean of Studies to ensure NTI compliance with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency, Education Services for Overseas
- Students Legislation, Australian Higher Education Standards Framework and the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Manage the operational relationship with TEQSA
- Assisting with the process of TEQSA reaccreditation of NTI as a higher education provider and any other reaccreditation requirements of NTI courses.
- Assisting with the development, effective implementation and management of an NTI Academic Quality and Standards Framework
- Manage the processes of subject and course approvals, reviews and evaluation
- Manage institutional reporting, educational compliance, external rankings and evaluations
- Actively participate in external HE QA networks
- Establish and manage frameworks for educational third-party provider relationships
- Ensure that quality assurance documentation records are up to date and accurate
- Conduct professional development sessions with NTI staff on key quality and compliance issues as they arise
- Undertaking other duties as specified from time to time by the NTI President and Dean of Studies.
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is Tuesday 20th July 2021.
Nan Tien Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.