About the business
Nan Tien Institute is a private, not for profit, government accredited Higher Education provider founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun, launched in 2011 within the precinct of the Nan Tien Temple, in Wollongong, Australia.
We offer postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.
Mission and Values
Our mission is to educate students in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values through the academic study of arts, education, human welfare’s religion, and other disciplines to facilitate cultural understanding and appreciation of a multicultural and diverse society.
Directly reporting to the President, as the Accountant you will be required to analyse the economic stability of the institute and provide financial information to other departments, enabling these departments to make budgeting and investment decisions.
- Recognise revenue and expenses in line with Australian Accounting Standards
- Monthly management reports, against and monitor budget
- Annual Special Purpose Financial Statements with notes
- Annual compliance lodgements with TEQSA and ACNC
- Activity based reports & special department reports
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet items, bank reconciliations, and reconciliation of grant funding accounts in line with AASB’s
- Accruals and adjustments
- Annually review and suggest updates to the Finance Policies
- Maintain an accurate asset register including monthly reconcile to general ledger and depreciation calculations
- Manage Payroll in line with applicable Awards, NES and Fair Work, including Payroll liabilities: – PAYGW, SGC, Payroll Tax, STP; Backup payroll processing; and Workers compensation
- Manage payable and receivables including GL data input allocation, GST codes for reporting and revenue recognition compliant with AASB15
- Ensure all accounting functions and transactions comply with Australian Accounting Standards
- Complete Annual DGR review
- Lodge ACNC Annual Information Statement & Special Purpose Financial Reports
- Financial requirements for PRISMS annually
- Complete and lodge quarterly BAS
- Calculate and lodge annual FBT
- Manage NTI Tuition Protection Assurance
- Maintain account signatories and authorities, and manage all CBA accounts including Investments, corporate credit cards, DGR accounts, and operating accounts
- Manage the corporate budget and forecast to assist the annual business plan; manage cashflow and cash advances.
- Relevant degree in Accounting, or Business and CPA/CA membership combined with 5 years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of budgeting and forecasts techniques
- Thorough understanding of Payroll and Accounting procedures
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and MYOB
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work with competing and conflicting deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Previous experience working for a Not for Profit organisation
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 02 4258 0746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 26 October 2020
APPLY TO NAN TIEN INSTITUTE NOW
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.