About the business
Nan Tien Institute is a private, not for profit, government accredited Higher Education provider founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun, launched in 2011 within the precinct of the Nan Tien Temple, in Wollongong, Australia.
We offer postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.
Mission and Values
Our mission is to educate students in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values through the academic study of arts, education, human welfare’s religion, and other disciplines to facilitate cultural understanding and appreciation of a multicultural and diverse society.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be required to assist the Accountant in the following areas: accounting and financial reporting obligations under legislation and NTI policy and procedure; regulatory and compliance reporting to TEQSA, ACNC, ATO, auditors, etc; and timely and accurate payroll and payments.
- Contribute to monthly management reports by conducting weekly bank reconciliations; reconciling balance sheets monthly and ensure accurate data entry
- Contribute to annual financial reporting, liaising with auditors and follow up requests
- Process payroll in line with applicable Awards and Legislation including Workers Compensation payments
- Process payable and receivables
- Complete and lodge quarterly BAS and monthly Activity Statements
- Maintain account signatories and authorities
- Maintain cash deposits and petty cash
- Contribute towards the corporate budget
- Monitor cashflow
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification or higher combined with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience processing payroll and the ability to interpret Awards
- Demonstrated experience processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Sound Computer Skills, Excel and MYOB
- High attention to detail with the ability to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Closing date: Wednesday 4 November 2020
Nan Tien Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY TO NAN TIEN INSTITUTE NOW
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.