Student Recruitment Officer
About the business
Nan Tien Institute is a private, not for profit, government accredited Higher Education provider founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun, launched in 2011 within the precinct of the Nan Tien Temple, in Wollongong, Australia.
We offer postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism and Mental Health as well as customized Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness, and health.
Mission and Values
Our mission is to educate students in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values through the academic study of arts, education, human welfare’s religion, and other disciplines to facilitate cultural understanding and appreciation of a multicultural and diverse society.
About the role
The Student Recruitment Officer (Ref no: SRO231) is a vital role for Nan Tien Institute as you will be the first point of call for all enquires. Driving and meeting student recruitment targets set by the Marketing Manager will be your main responsibilities.
- Check daily all social media platforms for notifications, messages and respond to any queries within a timely fashion
- Respond to all student recruitment enquires ensuring you keep the momentum to achieve student enrolments
- Check meshed for incomplete applications, call or email prospective student(s) to assist with the completion of applications
- Send targeted emails to prospective students
- Responsible for meeting sales targets set by the Marketing Manager for student recruitment
- Escalating any student recruitment issues to the Marketing Manager to achieve a resolution
- Previous or relevant experience as a Student Recruitment Officer preferably within the Higher Education Sector will be highly regarded
- Relevant Certification IV or higher qualification and/or a combination of relevant experience and qualification in sales/marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills including the suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience of following leads and achieving sales targets
- Knowledge of social media platforms to connect with target audience
- Knowledge of Mental Health Industry and Buddhism are essential
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 21 December 2020
Nan Tien Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.