Student Recruitment Officer
About the business
Nan Tien Institute is a private, not for profit, government accredited Higher Education provider founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun, launched in 2011 within the precinct of the Nan Tien Temple, in Wollongong, Australia.
We offer postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism and Mental Health as well as customized Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness, and health.
|Fixed Term||Employment Type:||Part Time (30 hours p/w) 5 days per week|
$45,658.08 + 9.5%
|Hourly Rate:||$29.27 p/h|
|Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010
Mission and Values
Our mission is to educate students in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values through the academic study of arts, education, human welfare’s religion, and other disciplines to facilitate cultural understanding and appreciation of a multicultural and diverse society.
Primary Position Purpose
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering courses in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing.
Accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency, NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development programs and special interest subjects
across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.
The Student Recruitment Officer is a vital role for NTI as you will be the first point of call for all enquires. Driving and meeting student recruitment targets set by the Marketing Manager will be your main responsibilities at NTI.
- Minimum of Certificate IV in Business Sales or relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant sales position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving – Investigate issues within policy, propose solutions and process enhancements for future prevention.
- Critical thinking – Ability to think creatively and process knowledge beyond an immediate solution.
- Scenario Analysis – Ability to complete sensitivity analysis, propose best practice solutions
- Report writing– Professional report writing to communicate to the leadership team.
- Cross-functional collaboration – Work within teams representing multiple functional departments.
- Stakeholder relationship management and communication– Maintain working relationships with managers, students, contractors, suppliers, etc
- Professionalism and ethics – Conduct oneself in a professional manner, conduct tasks with transparency, adhere to company and professional board code of conduct standards.
- Knowledge – Knowledge and application of applicable standards.
- Policy and compliance – Works within relevant legislation and company policy and procedure framework
- Technological expertise – Ability to use systems to complete job functions and identify efficiencies within processes.
- Check daily all social media platforms for notifications, messages and respond to any queries within a timely fashion
- Respond to all student recruitment enquires ensuring you keep the momentum to achieve student enrolments
- Check meshed for incomplete applications, call or email prospective student(s) to assist with the completion of applications
- Send targeted emails to prospective students
- Responsible for meeting sales targets set by the Marketing Manager for student recruitment
- Escalating any student recruitment issues to the Marketing Manager to achieve a resolution
- Previous or relevant experience as a Student Recruitment Officer preferably within the Higher Education Sector will be highly regarded
- Relevant Certification IV or higher qualification and/or a combination of relevant experience and qualification in sales/marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills including the suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience of following lead and achieving sales targets
- Knowledge of social media platforms to connect with target audience
- Knowledge of Mental Health Industry and Buddhism are essential
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
For enquiries please contact Matt at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 26th March 2021
Nan Tien Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.