PhD (Studies in Religion, University of Queensland), BA Hons (Linguistics, University of Ljubljana)
Head of Program - Applied Buddhist Studies, NTI
Tamara Ditrich's disciplinary background is in Buddhist Studies, Sanskrit language and Vedic philology.
She has had over thirty years of teaching and research experiences at various universities in the EU and Australia. Her current research interests are primarily in Theraveda Buddhism and Vedic philology.
- Head of Program - Applied Buddhist Studies, Nan Tien Institute, Wollongong,
- Honorary Associate, Indian Sub-Continental Studies; University of Sydney, Australia
- Research Associate, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Research Fields and Current Interests
- Buddhist meditation in theory and practice
- Buddhist ethics
- The role of dual deities in the Rgveda
- Gender issues in Indian history
office phone: +61 (2) 4258 0761