Associate Professor Tamara Ditrich
PhD (Studies in Religion, University of Queensland), BA Hons (Linguistics, University of Ljubljana)
Head of Program (Applied Buddhist Studies)
Tamara Ditrich’s disciplinary background is in Buddhist Studies, Sanskrit language and Vedic philology. She has had over thirty years of teaching and research experiences at various universities in the EU and Australia. Her current research interests are primarily in Theraveda Buddhism and Vedic philology.
- Head of Program – Applied Buddhist Studies, Nan Tien Institute, Wollongong,
- Honorary Associate, Indian Sub-Continental Studies; University of Sydney, Australia
- Research Associate, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Research Fields and Current Interests
- Buddhist meditation in theory and practice
- Buddhist ethics
- The role of dual deities in the Rgveda
- Gender issues in Indian history
APPLY TO NAN TIEN INSTITUTE NOW
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.