This subject is designed to prepare students to be successful in their postgraduate studies.
The subject strengthens existing academic abilities and literacies, usually gained through undergraduate study, and introduces contemporary topics to help students develop critical thinking, research and communication skills. The subject includes an introduction to contemplative inquiry which underpins the postgraduate curriculum.
The subject will support students in their first session of postgraduate study; facilitate an understanding of the nature and structure of their degrees; provide resources and peer support to enhance academic and digital literacies needed for success in their degree.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of critical reading and analysis of scholarly material at a postgraduate level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical thinking and analysis processes, and how they contribute to postgraduate learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and capacity for, higher level scholarly expression.
- Be able to navigate the Institute’s support systems, learning structures and digital learning resources.
- Provide evidence of high level research and inquiry based learning abilities.
- Be able to collaborate effectively with peers on learning tasks.
This subject runs for ten weeks, via our online learning platform NTiLearn.