Coaching and Counselling for Health and Wellbeing (Online)
Promoting, motivating, and supporting health, wellbeing, and positive behaviour change, is a highly valued and necessary competency for many professional roles, particularly in the areas of health/mental health, psychology/counselling/coaching, disability and rehabilitation, complementary medicine, welfare, community outreach, human resources, and management. Many people, however, would like to feel better equipped and trained in this area of their work, particularly when working with people experiencing mental distress and severe challenges to their mental health. In this subject, you will examine a range of evidence-based and best-practice approaches to coaching and counselling for health and wellbeing, and develop practical skills via peer and client practice, under supervision to work with people in recovery.
- Integrate subject learning material and selected models, to competently plan, organise and role play coaching sessions.
- Evaluate and justify the approaches used in the four styles of coaching session, and incorporate reflective practice, including identifying applicable improvements to successive sessions.
- Apply reflective practice to one’s own personal development in coaching and counselling.
- Integrate goal-setting and behaviour change principles, in order to design and create goal-setting/behaviour change templates specifically in the context of mental health.
- Practice and develop coaching and counselling techniques with a student partner ‘client’, across a range of issues and context
- Understand and apply a range of interpersonal communication tools, including assertiveness training, and conflict resolution techniques.
This subject runs for ten weeks, via our online learning platform NTiLearn.
APPLY TO NAN TIEN INSTITUTE NOW
ABOUT NAN TIEN INSTITUTE
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, government accredited higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist studies, health and wellbeing, within an environment that incorporates contemplative education.
NTI offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Health and Social Wellbeing, Humanistic Buddhism, and Mental Health as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation, mindfulness and health.