You’ve just taken the first step towards an enlightening journey at Nan Tien Institute, Australia’s first higher education provider with courses grounded in 2500 years of Buddhist wisdom and values.
We have sent you an email with important information about your application. If you are ready to continue now, please ensure you read the information in your email before continuing your application.
We recommend that you prepare your documentation requirements as early as now, to ensure a seamless application process.
- For information about the courses, entry requirements, credit transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy, please refer to the Student Handbook.
- Personal details of education and other evidence in support of your application must be appended in the attachment as requested, including a completed ‘GTE-Genuine Temporary Entrant Form’.
- Nan Tien Institute accepts scanned documents submitted online in support of applications for admission to courses of study. All supporting documents must be true and complete records. You should be prepared to provide original documents or original certified copies of supporting documents upon request at any time.
- International students on Student Visas must maintain a full-time study load (usually 4 subjects = 24 credit points in each compulsory study period) to comply with Student Visa conditions.
- You must read and complete all the sections on the application form. Your application cannot be considered if it is incomplete.
- Ensure you meet the academic and English entry requirements for the course you wish to study.
- Lodge an online application together with supporting documentation, including a completed ‘GTE-Genuine Temporary Entrant Form’.
How to accept an offer and apply for a student visa
If your application is successful, the Student Services Office will send you an unconditional offer email. Enrolment and payment instruction will be sent with the offer letter.
Please carefully check the offer letter. Follow the instruction on the offer letter, sign and email the Acceptance Form to the Student Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you receive a conditional offer, it means you will need to provide further information to meet the entry requirements.
Upon your acceptance of the offer, Nan Tien Institute will forward a copy of your official electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). You will need to submit your copy of the eCOE to the Australian Embassy together with your student visa application.
Further visa information can be obtained from www.homeaffairs.gov.au.
How to defer an offer
Deferring is when you have received an offer of a place at Nan Tien Institute, but you want to put it on hold and commence your course later. You should contact the Student Services Office via email email@example.com.
The Hsing Yun Education Foundation (HYEF) Scholarship offers a limited number of merit-based scholarships to outstanding international students undertaking postgraduate coursework. Allocation of the international scholarships is very competitive. Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants with strong academic background and the potential to be successful in the discipline. Read more about International Scholarships at Nan Tien Institute.
Please see the Fees & Scholarships page for more information on tuition fees. An Enrolment Fee of $100.00 (AUD) is payable upon approval of your application (non-refundable).
Accommodation is available nearby at Nan Tien Pilgrim Lodge. Please contact them directly for further information on pricing and to book.
How to pay
- International bank cheque in Australian dollars, made payable to Nan Tien Institute.
- Credit card (MasterCard or Visa) Please call the Student Services on +61 (2) 4258 0741 to pay the fee on the phone.Please note you are responsible for paying all the fees incurred outside Australia including bank charges.
- Bank transfer in Australian dollars to:
|Nan Tien Institute
|61/75-87 Princess Highway, Dapto NSW 2530 Australia
|Nan Tien Institute
|231 Nolan Street, Unanderra, NSW 2526 Australia
Please see the Fees, Charges and Refund Policy for more information.
Nan Tien Institute will only use personal information collected from you, or about you, for internal administrative purposes. It will not be provided to any other parties other than in accordance with legislative requirements, or in circumstances where you have given explicit permission for the information to be transmitted.
Information is collected on this form and during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2007; to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visas and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007.
Information collected about you on this form and during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. In other instances information collected on this form or during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorised or required by law.